Understand your council tax bill and how to receive your bill by email (e-billing).
You will receive your council tax bill for the year ahead by the end of March.
Example council tax bill
Each numbered section is explained in detail after the image.
- The date your council tax bill was printed. Any payments made after this date will not be shown on this bill
- Your council tax account number. You must have this number if you want to talk to us about your bill
- Who is responsible for paying the bill, and their correspondence address
- If the bill is for a different property, that property address will be shown here
council tax band the property is in
- The annual charge for the property for the financial year shown, and also the percentage change from the previous year’s charges. It details your contribution towards
council services, the
police service and, if applicable, any
additional town or parish council charges. If you will be moving out during this financial year, please
let us know at the time of your move and we will adjust your bill.
- The amount you have to pay,
any discounts, exemptions or premiums that apply, and any payments made towards this bill up to the issue date
- How you
pay your bill, for example direct debit. If you pay by direct debit, the bill will confirm that here, and tell you the dates that your instalments will be collected
- Any charge outstanding from a previous year will be shown here. This will not take into account any payment you may have made towards a previous bill after the issue date of this bill
- Any discounts we’ve granted for the property –
you will need to let us know if there is any change of occupiers, or
if a discount no longer applies.
Request your bill by email (e-billing)
register to manage your council tax account online you will be given the option to go paperless.
If you have already registered to manage your account online, you can
sign in and change how you would like to receive your bill.
Requesting a copy
If you need to request a copy bill, please contact us.
0113 222 4404
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)