Find out how to get a disabled permit to park nearer to the places you need to go.
How to apply
The application steps are:
Apply for a Blue Badge online
Check if you can apply.
- Apply using the
Blue Badge online form External link.
- The form will ask you to upload
documents and a photo.
- Pay the £10 Blue Badge fee online when the form asks you to. You might
qualify for a free badge.
- We process your application, which usually takes six to eight weeks if you
qualify automatically. If not, it can take longer and we may need more medical evidence, or to see you for an assessment.
- Your badge will arrive in the post. If your application is refused, we will let you know with a letter and refund your £10 fee.
Before you start
What you'll need
To fill out the online form, you will need:
- your contact details
- your email address (we send all renewal reminders by email)
National Insurance number External link (if you have one)
- details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one)
- your driving licence number (if you have one)
You will also be asked to upload a photo or scan of:
I can't upload documents and photos
Cost and paying
Blue Badges cost £10, unless you qualify for a free badge. The form will ask you to pay online when you submit your application. This is the quickest way to pay. If your application is not successful, you will get a refund.
Who can get a free Blue Badge?
You do not have to pay for a Blue Badge if it is for:
- a child under 16
- someone with a terminal illness
- someone receiving a war pensioner’s mobility supplement
- someone on the armed forces compensation scheme (tarrif one to eight with a permanent or substantial disability)
If you qualify for a free badge in one of these ways, choose ‘Submit application and pay later’ when the online form asks you to pay.
Other ways to apply
The only way to apply is by using the
gov.uk Blue Badge online form External link.
If you find this difficult, you can ask for help and use a computer for free at any
Help with your application
Get help and find out how to post documents or pay by phone on:
Help with your application.
You can also: