A Blue Badge is valid for up to three years and can be used throughout the UK and Europe.
The form will guide you through the process and explain what information is required. If you need more help please see our
Blue Badge application guidance document (PDF 128KB) which talks through the form in more detail.
If you don’t have access to a computer you can visit a
one stop centre or
community hub. Computers are free to use and staff can help you if you need it. If you need additional support completing the form please email
To complete the form you will need the following:
- your contact details
- National Insurance Number
- your driving licence number if you have one
- if you already have a Blue Badge, the number, expiry date and the name of the issuing local authority. These can all be found on the badge
- if applying for a child you will need details of their medical condition
- proof of
- proof of address. A recent (no older than three months) copy of a utility bill, rent book/tenancy agreement or Council Tax bill as proof of your address
- proof of identification. You must provide a copy of one of the following, birth/adoption certificate, driving licence, passport, UK identity card, (if you are registered blind then you do not need to supply this proof).
- passport-size photograph taken within six months of the date of application. This should be a good quality image showing the applicant's head and shoulders, preferably against a plain background.
Please upload a copy of these with your online application, or you can send by post to: Blue Badge Team, PO Box 657, Leeds, LS1 9BS.
When you have completed your application, the final page will provide a summary of the details you've provided.
Apply for a Blue Badge(External link)
Cost and how to pay
A blue badge costs £10. Beware of other websites offering blue badges. These may be scams. Please use the official GOV.UK
website to apply for your badge
Once you have been contacted by us to say that your application has been successful you will need to pay £10. Don’t make any payments until you know your application has been successful.
Please pay by debit or credit card by calling 0113 222 44 44 (Weekdays, 9am to 5pm, except Wednesdays when we're open from 10am).
You do not need to pay for a badge for a child under 16
Timescales and tracking your application
If you automatically qualify for a Blue Badge your application can take 4 to 6 weeks to be processed. If you are asked to attend an Independent Medical Assessment decisions can take longer.
Your badge will be ordered when payment has been received.
You can track your application progress on the