Household Support Fund

The government has provided a Household Support Fund to local authorities for the period 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.

The funding will be spent in Leeds as follows:

Helping low-income households with energy and food costs

We will make a single payment of either £75 or £100 to households living in Leeds who are in receipt of Council Tax Support. Households with children and pensioner households will receive £100 and working age households without children will receive £75.

To be eligible for a payment, households must be in receipt of Council Tax Support on Monday 23 October 2023, the qualifying date. You do not need to make a claim, we will be in direct contact with anyone due to receive a payment.

We intend to make payments by the end of November 2023 and payment will be made via a Post Office voucher.

Check your eligibility for Council Tax Support and see how to make a claim.

Emergency help

Additional funding will be available to residents who need emergency support with the costs of food, energy or household items.

The Local Welfare Support Scheme is the application route for the Household Support Fund. It is an emergency scheme which provides support in a time of crisis and is restricted to one application within any 12 month period.

Find out more about the support offered by the scheme, the eligibility criteria and how to apply.

Funding the voluntary and community sector

We are funding voluntary and community organisations so they can support vulnerable, low-income people with the costs of energy, food and essential household items. This includes extra funding to increase the supply of food to local food aid providers.

Funding has been given to the following organisations:

Further help and support

Find out about the support available to help with the cost of living, including the location of food banks, warm spaces and energy support and advice.

You can search for emergency food support available near you using the Food Aid Network map.

Further support is available through the cost of living hub on GOV.UK external link.

Use this form to give us your comments. Do not use it to give us personal information - please contact us if you need to get in touch.