Find out what to do with your rubbish and recycling, including taking it to a household waste recycling centre or recycling bank.
Household waste recycling centres and tips
We have household waste recycling centres in:
Who can use them
You can use our household waste recycling centres if you:
- live in Leeds
- need to dispose of household waste
- visit in a car or on a bicycle
- have a commercial vehicle permit (for large vehicles, vans or trailers)
Our staff cannot help you dispose of your waste.
If you do not have a car or bicycle, you can use a
local recycling bank or book an
unwanted items collection.
Charges for DIY waste
You may need to pay a contribution to dispose of some types of waste.
You can find a full list of items, charges and how to pay on our
waste disposal charges page.
Trade and business waste
You'll need to hire a skip or use a waste transfer station if your waste was created by:
- tradespeople making improvements to your home (like electricians, joiners, builders, gardeners and plumbers)
- your own business
- improving or cleaning up a property that you rent out
- any other commercial activity
Find out how to visit our
waste transfer stations.
If you take trade or business waste to a household waste recycling centre you could be fined or imprisoned.
Bottle banks and recycling banks
There are recycling banks across Leeds where you can recycle things like:
- Small electrical items (like toasters and kettles)
Find your local recycling bank.