Tell us if someone has moved in or out of a property so we can charge the right people for council tax.
What you will need to tell us
You will need to tell us:
- the property address
- the names of your tenants, including their title
- the start and/or end dates for the tenancy
- if the property is a furnished, part furnished or unfurnished let
- landlord details and lettings agents details
If your property is used for commercial purposes, you should
contact us about business rates.
Report a change in tenancy online
If you are reporting one change
Use the forms below to let us know if tenants are moving in or out of your property so we can charge the right people for council tax.
Report a change in tenancy for one propertyExternal link
If you are reporting multiple changes
If you need to report multiple changes using the bulk upload facility, you will need to upload your tenant information in a document. We accept Excel documents only.
Report a change in tenancy for multiple propertiesExternal link
If you want a letting agent to manage council tax for your property
If your property is managed by a letting agent or property manager, you can give them permission to:
- discuss the council tax for your property
- deal with bills for periods where your property is empty
This would need to be put in writing to Council Tax, Leeds City Council, PO BOX 60, Leeds, LS2 8JR and the following information would need to be provided:
- your name, address, contact number and email address
- your property address or addresses
- your agents name, address, contact number and email address
- if you want your bills to be sent to the agents
- confirmation you are giving us permission to discuss your council tax accounts with your agents