Roundhay Park has over 700 acres of rolling parkland, lakes, woodlands and specialist gardens. The Specialist Gardens are made up of a variety of different floral displays inspired by the Alhambra gardens in Spain and the Monet gardens in France. The area also includes four medal-winning RHS Chelsea Flower Show gardens and they are managed by some of the best horticulturalists in the city. A trip to these stunning gardens is highly recommended - visit in the spring and summer months to see them at their best.
The specialist gardens are opposite the Roundhay Fox pub on Mansion Lane, LS8 2EP. There are also specialist gardens in the Canal and Coronation Gardens off Princes Avenue by Tropical World.
The opening hours are: 9am to 3:30pm daily.
- The Coronation Garden is home to our winning entries to the Chelsea Flower Show. Formerly a kitchen garden there are thousands of rose trees and bedding plants
- The Monet Garden is based on gardens planted by the impressionist at Giverny in France, was introduced to the park in 1999.
- The Alhambra Garden, which is based upon one of the worlds most famous gardens, the 13th century garden at Alhambra, Spain.
- Tropical World has one of the largest tropical plant collections in the country. It includes including a recreated rainforest and hundreds of magnificent succulents and cacti.
- Canal gardens is next to Tropical World and contains ornamental wild-fowl, a fountain and a Spirit of the Earth statue.
- The Friends of Roundhay Park Garden opened in July 2005. The inspiration for the garden was the Yorkshire Dales.
All the Specialist Gardens are accessible for wheelchair users.