We may seize a vehicle if we have grounds to believe that it:
- has been used in the commission of a fly-tipping offence
- has been used to transport controlled waste without the appropriate registration
Control of Waste (Dealing with Seized Property) (England and Wales) 2015 Regulations require us to publish a notice of seizure on our website when a vehicle is seized.
Current Seizure notices
Environmental Protection Act 1990
Notice of Seizure
Under the above legislation, Leeds City Council have seized a Ford flatbed 3.5 tonne vehicle registration HJZ 5935.
The vehicle was seized from Cobden Street, Wortley, Leeds on Tuesday 17 March 2020 at 07:54 hours by Leeds City Council.
A person may make a claim of entitlement to the seized vehicle, within the period 18 March 2020 and 7 April 2020.
The evidence accompanying a claim must be sufficient to enable the seizure authority to make a determination of entitlement to the seized vehicle and therefore must include:
- the claimant’s name, address and proof of identity
- proof of authority to act as agent, the claimant’s name, address and proof of identity where an agent makes the claim on behalf of their claimant
- the registration document where the person claiming entitlement claims to be the registered keeper of the vehicle
The seized vehicle can be sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of in accordance with regulation 21 of The Control of Waste (Dealing with Seized Property) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015 if it is not claimed within the claim period or if a claimant who brought a claim within such period is not determined as entitled.
Any person wishing to claim entitlement to this vehicle should contact Cleaner Neighbourhoods Team on 0113 378 3486 to make an appointment to attend Millshaw Park Way, Leeds, LS11 0LS.
Date of notice: 18 March 2020
Claim a seized vehicle
A person may make a claim of entitlement to a seized vehicle within 15 working days of the date of the seizure.
For any other enquiries relating to vehicle seizures please contact the Environmental Action Service: