The A6120 Outer Ring Road is a main strategic route for Leeds. Ensuring it is functioning as efficiently as possible is a key challenge for us, especially considering the forecasted increased traffic flows resulting from the East Leeds Link Road (ELOR) and East Leeds Extension (ELE).
Improvements are planned for the following junctions:
- A6120/Roundhay Park Lane
- A6120/A61 Harrogate Road
At all of these junctions there is currently an element of peak period congestion which, as well as journey times, has a negative impact on the environment.
We are also reviewing the A6120/King Lane and King Lane/Stonegate Road junctions and, these too, will be developed in the near future.
Our proposed works are programmed to start late 2017 and will have a number of benefits including:
- Improving pedestrian/cycling facilities
- Safer pedestrian/cycling route
- Implementation of the “Green Streets” initiative which aims to improve environmental elements including air quality, flooding, wildlife habitats and community corridors
- Increasing junction capacities
- Signal controlling all junctions to improve the control of conflicting traffic movements
The following preliminary plans are available to view:
Further information on ELOR and ELE can be found on the East Leeds Orbital Road page.