Apply for your child to start Year 7 in September 2019
The online application process for your child to start Year 7 at a Leeds Secondary School in September 2019 has now closed.
Any applications received after 31 October 2018 may not be considered until all the on time applications have been dealt with.
If you did not apply online before 31 October 2018 and wish your child to start in Year 7 in September 2019, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0113 222 4414.
You can preference up to five schools as part of your application. We recommend that you use all five preferences and read the admissions policies for each of the schools. Individual school admission policy information is available on each school page on
Find a school.
|1 August to 31 October 2018||Apply for a place|
|1 March 2019||Offers go out|
|15 March 2019||Deadline to request a place on the waiting list|
|28 March 2019||Deadline to appeal|
|March to July 2019||Places allocated from the waiting list and appeals held|
|September 2019||Start Secondary School|
There are different types of schools in Leeds – some use the
Leeds City Council Admissions Policy 2019-20 (PDF, 68KB) whilst others schools use their own.
Schools prioritise applications in different ways, with some prioritising based mainly on distance and others based on other criteria such as faith. It is important that you check the admissions policy for the schools you are applying for to understand where on their ranked list of applications your child might be.
Abbey Grange Church of England Academy and Rodillian Academy
The 2019 determined Admissions Policies for Abbey Grange C of E Academy and Rodillian Academy have been considered by the Office for the School Adjudicator. The Schools Adjudicator determination required the admission arrangements to change. The amended Admissions Policies are now available on each Academy’s individual page on this website.
Before you apply
Before you apply for a secondary school place, we advise you to:
visit the schools you are interested in applying for before making your application to ensure that you are making an informed choice
- read the
Leeds City Council composite prospectus 2019-20 (PDF, 3MB), which includes school information and individual school over-subscription criteria. This will help to ensure you include school(s) where your child has a realistic chance of being offered a place
- speak to staff in school or the Admissions Team to clarify any issues you are not sure about
- consider how your child will get to school and the potential transport costs
Before the closing date
Before the closing date of
31 October 2018 we advise you to:
- read the admissions policies for each of these schools you choose
- complete and return any supplementary information forms to schools who require them by the deadline
- if you are applying on behalf of a
previously looked after child, complete a priority 1a Supplementary Information Form
- if you are claiming priority admission due to exceptional medical or mobility needs (priority 1b), check that your preferred school considers exceptional circumstances as part of their admissions criteria, and if so, complete a priority 1b Supplementary Information Form (SEN SIF)
- attach any applicable supporting evidence to your application
- complete your online application, including up to five preference schools
- ensure that your application form is submitted and that you have received a submission confirmation email