Jobshops provide a free drop in service to help you find work or training.
- Jobsearch – our community based jobshops have facilities available for you to search for vacancies from a variety of online and other sources including Employment Leeds and Jobcentre Plus.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) support – advice and support is available to help you develop a CV that will help you get that job. This service also includes support and advice in producing covering and speculative letters as well as help you set up an email account.
- Application forms – advice can be provided on how to complete an application form, and how to work out the jargon and see if the job is right for you.
- Interview skills – managed to get an interview? Our staff offer advice and guidance on how to approach your interview with confidence.
- Information, advice and guidance – unsure of what next step to take? Our qualified guidance workers will help you look at your work and career options.
- Jobcentre Plus staff are available in some jobshops - offering one to one support including in work benefit calculations which show you how much better off you would be when working.
Below is just a selection of the feedback from customers we have received about the services provided by our Jobshops and our staff members.
'I have received an exceptional and supportive service from all the staff in the Jobshop. They provided me with a CV and interview preparation, their support enabled me to build my confidence and search for a job effectively. Thank you all very much'
'The Jobshop was immensely helpful to my efforts in getting two part time permanent jobs in the period of two months. Thumbs up!'
'A very useful service and essential one for me as a local community member. The service has enabled me to start my own business'
'I received the best service from all members of staff - helpful, friendly and professional. A warm and welcoming environment. Keep up the good work'
'Thank you for checking over my application form before I sent it out. It really helped me out'
'The jobshops are well organised and offer job opportunities. The support is excellent'
'I am grateful to the Jobshop staff as they have made it easier for me to look for work by accommodating my dyslexia'
'The Jobcentre Plus staff helped me gain a work experience placement in administration and this is helping me plug a gap in my CV as well as gain a good reference. The worker has also pointed me towards courses that may help me enhance my skills
For Jobshop opening times and locations please click on the downloads tab below.