Leeds City Council's Welfare Rights Unit can:
- give you free, confidential, impartial advice and support on a whole range of welfare benefits
- help you to complete claim forms over the phone
- forms we complete will be posted to you to sign, check and forward to the right department
- offer guidance and support when making appeals
- check your benefit entitlement and give guidance on using benefit systems
If we cannot help, we will provide contact details of other agencies who may be able to assist you.
Contact the Welfare Rights Unit
0113 376 0452
(Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, Wednesdays 10:15am to 4:30pm and Friday 9am to 4pm)
You can also get advice about individual benefits and tax credits from the
GOV.UK website. You may also want to use the
HM Revenue and Customs Tax credits calculator.
For information on affordable loans and competitive savings plans go to the
Leeds City Credit Union website.