Armley Park is two miles west of Leeds city centre and is approximately 14 hectares in area. It's the perfect location for people of all age ranges to enjoy a relaxing day out. The park gives local residents and visitors amazing views over Kirkstall Valley.
Stanningley Road, LS12 3LW
Google Maps directions
Click for full size map (JPG 58KB)
Attractions and facilities
- Skate park
- Summer and winter bowling greens
- Bowls pavilion
- Football pitches
- Tennis courts
- Cricket wicket
- Open grass areas
- Wild flower meadow areas
- Woodland and canal side trails that include a section with 161 Victorian steps
- Grade II listed stone entrance pillars and fountain
- Ornamental plaques to view in the hedgerow
- Car park
Disabled access, buses, parking and toilets
- Parking is free
- The main circular route around the park is well maintained and fairly flat
Buses to and from Leeds:
The 72, X6 and X11, all run regularly.
Free car parks are
shown on the map (JPG 58KB) on this page.
The nearest toilets, located in the Golf Club at Gotts mansion, in the next park, are open to the public to use.
There will be community events throughout the year, please see the notice board in the park, The Wade’s Ranger and the
Friends of Armley and Gotts Park Facebook page. external link.
The Friends of Armley parks-and-countryside Gotts Park meet twice a month to do work to improve the area, help with gardening, nature conservation and generally look after the park:
- every second Sunday for a practical activity/social (families welcome)
- every fourth Thursday for a practical task
New members are always welcome, for further information
contact us or email
Parks and Countryside - 0113 378 6002
(8am to 4pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3:30pm Friday)
LeedsWatch – 0113 376 0331
(24 hour helpline)