Leeds City Council's Welfare Rights Unit can:
- give you free, confidential, impartial advice and support on a whole range of welfare benefits
- help you to complete claim forms
- offer guidance and support when making appeals.
If we cannot help, we will provide contact details of other agencies who may be able to assist you.
- call our advice line for further information on the services that we offer. Our number is 0113 376 0452 and we are open Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, alternate Wednesdays 10:15am to 4:30pm and Friday 9am to 4pm.
- make an appointment to see a welfare rights worker at one of our advice surgeries located in our one stop centres. You can find your nearest one stop centre using the "where I live" section of this website
- ask for a home visit if you are unable to leave your home
- email a welfare rights worker using the Contact us form on this page
- attend one of our surgeries, see the leaflet (opens as a PDF) for details of when and where surgeries take place.
You can also get advice about individual benefits and tax credits from the GOV.UK website. A link to their website is available in the External links section on this page. A link is also available to HM Revenue and Customs Tax credits calculator.
For information on affordable loans and competitive savings plans use the link to Leeds City Credit Union's website.