Feedback to children's services
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Feedback to children's services

This page explains how to give us feedback about:

  • Children's social care
  • Education services
  • Early years/early help services
  • Youth services and
  • Schools

Comments and suggestions

This can be any feedback. It could be positive or not so good. It could be neither and just something you want to let us know. All feedback helps us to know what your experience dealing with us has been like and how we need to improve in the future. If you're not sure where else to send it and it's about children's services then please use the related pages section for information on how to do this.


If you want to tell us about something that we have done well then please use the compliments section on the related tab below. We will ensure that the relevant person or service is informed. Letting us know means that we know why this had a positive effect on you and means that we keep on doing this.


We know that we don’t always get it right first time and we welcome feedback on our services so that we can get it right first time, more often.

If you provide us with any feedback then we will respond to you, even if it is only to thank you for going to the trouble.  Of course, if you ask us questions then we will do our best to give you the answers.

Any children’s services (except schools)

If you’re unhappy about a service that you have received then it is your right to complain.  It is better to complain than to say nothing because it gives us a chance to make changes and put things right. We will always take your complaints seriously.

Please use the complaints to children's services option on the related pages section of this page to guide you through the ways you can make a formal complaint. This could be a complaint about children’s social care, early years and youth services or any of the education services that we provide.


Schools are self governing and so you should usually contact them directly in the first instance.  More details of the process and how to complain to different kinds of schools can be found on the schools complaints section in the related pages section.​​​​​​​​​​

Contact us

If you require any further information, please email us.​

Click to expandWhere can I get more help in making contact?

Organisations who may be able to offer help and support are:

Leeds Children’s Rights Service, phone 0113 239 5589;
Citizens Advice Bureau helpline, phone 08701 202450;
Leeds Advocacy, phone 0113 244 0606;
Leeds Mental Health Advocacy Group, phone 0113 247 0452;
Leeds People First, phone 0113 205 6530;
Carers Leeds, phone 0113 246 8338;
Leeds Centre for Integrated Living advocacy service, phone 0113 214 3593;
Voluntary Action Leeds, phone 0113 270 0777 (minicom 0113 2197 7941).
For complaints about health services please talk to PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service), free phone 0800 0525 270

Click to expandWhat can I do if I am concerned about a child?

If you have a concern about a child or family living in Leeds, please contact children and young people’s social care contact centre on 0113 376 0336 (office hours) or 0113 240 9536 (out of office hours).​​

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?