Potternewton Park is a popular park in the heart of Chapeltown, just 2 miles north east of Leeds city centre. It is just over 32 acres in size and has facilities for people of all ages.
Harehills Lane, LS7 4HA
Attractions and facilities
- Open parkland and flower beds
- Bowling green
- Tennis courts
- Skate park
- Basketball court
- Giant chess board
West Indian Carnival
Potternewton Park is home to the annual West Indian Carnival and Reggae Concert which takes place every August Bank Holiday weekend.
For more information about events in Leeds parks, check out the Parks and Countryside Events Leaflet.
Parks and Countryside main reception - 0113 395 7400 (weekdays 8am to 4pm)
ParksWatch (24 hour helpline) - 0113 232 9973
Dog wardens - 0113 222 4407
Email - email@example.com
Please note that the Parks and Countryside's main reception telephone number is staffed from 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on a Friday. Outside of these hours you can leave a message on the answerphone.
- Car Parks: All parking is on street outside the park and there are no disabled parking bays.
- Paths: All the paths are negotiable by wheelchair; although there are differing gradients around the park, no issues have been reported.
- Entrances: All bar one of the entrances are accessible; there is a small pedestrian entrance at the top of Avenue Hill which has a step and so is not accessible for wheelchairs.
- Accessible toilets: There are no public toilets on site.
- Disabled Play Equipment: Some inclusive play equipment is available in the playground.