SignVideo BSL Live
To make it easier for Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users to access Council services, we have teamed up with SignVideo to provide SignVideo Web Access Points at some of our One Stop Centres and SignVideo Web Access to enable people to use this service from their own home.
SignVideo Access Points
Allow you to communicate with the Council’s Customer Services instantly through an online professional BSL video interpreter who will talk to the person you would like to contact and sign their responses to you. This is a FREE service which is available Monday to Friday during normal office hours. Ask at the Enquiry Desk and a member of staff will connect you to an online BSL video interpreter. There are SignVideo Access Points at:
- City Centre One Stop, 2 Great George Street, LS2 8BA
- The Compton Centre, 322 Harehills Lane, LS9 7BG
- The Reginald Centre, Chapeltown Road, LS7 3EX
- Armley One Stop Centre, 2 Stocks Hill, LS12 1UQ
- Dewsbury Road One Stop Centre, 190 Dewsbury Road, LS11 6PX
SignVideo Web Access
Allows you to contact the Council from your own device*. Click on the BSL sign video live logo on this page. You will be connected to an online professional BSL interpreter, tell them you are calling Leeds City Council. This is a FREE service which is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
The first time you use SignVideo BSL Live you will need to download a one-off LiveVideoPlugin. This will give you good video quality and makes sure that your calls are secure. Once you are connected to the Web Access page just follow the instructions.
For troubleshooting and technical guidance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8463 1127.
* SignVideo BSL Live will work with most computers, mobile phones and tablets. Before using please check that you have: a webcam; PC or Mac; iOS or Android device; Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome (PC version only) or Safari; bandwidth of at least 256kbp/s upload and 384kbp/s download.