As part of the application process you are required to send a copy of their application to the responsible authorities. In Leeds, the responsible authorities are:
- Leeds City Council, Entertainment Licensing, Civic Hall, Leeds LS1 1UR
- West Yorkshire Police, Leeds District Licensing Office, Millgarth Police Station, Leeds LS2 7HX
- West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, Service Delivery Centre, Fire Protection Department, Stanningly Road, Bramley, Leeds, LS12 3PL
- Leeds City Council, Health and Environmental Action Service, Millshaw Office, Millshaw Park Way, Churwell, Leeds LS11 0LS
- Leeds City Council, Health and Safety Team, Health and Environmental Action Service, Millshaw Office, Millshaw, Park Way, Churwell, Leeds LS11 0LS
- Leeds Safeguarding Chidrens Board, Leeds City Council, 3rd Floor, 2 Great George Street, Leeds LS2 8BA
- Leeds City Council, City Development, Planning Compliance Service, The Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington Street, Leeds LS2 8HD
- West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service, Licensing Team, PO Box 5, Nepshaw Lane South, Leeds LS27 0QP
- NHS Leeds, Tech North, 2nd Floor, 9 Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton, Leeds LS7 3NB
In addition, the Health and Safety Executive are also a responsible authority:
- Health and Safety Executive, The Lateral, 8 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9AT
However, they will only need to be sent a copy of the application where Leeds City Council’s Environmental Health Service is not the enforcing authority under the Health and Safety at Work Act , e.g. premises of a crown body, a local authority, the police, a hospital, a school or a university. Please see the Health and Safety (Enforcing Authority) Regulations 1998, or contact the Health and Safety Team in Environmental Health Services for clarification – telephone (0113) 247 7791 or email@example.com.
You can apply online on the Government website. Occasionally, there are technical difficulties which result in applicants not being able to pay for their application online. If this happens the website will request that the application is submitted again. Please call us on 0113 378 5029 so that we can take payment over the phone but don’t resubmit the application. We can confirm if we have received it when you call. If you are applying outside of office hours you can email us with a phone number and a convenient time and we will call you back. We strongly recommend that you call us after you have submitted your application to ensure we have received notification of it and that the application is complete.
If you would like to make a change to the details on your club premises certificate, for example if you get a new steward or change your club rules, you can advise us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Contact us form. You can also make a change to the details on your club premises certificate for free online through the Government website.
If you would like to pay your annual fee you can pay online at our website or over the phone on 0113 378 5029. Please have your club premises certificate number to hand when you call us.
Should you have cause for complaint in relation to a club premises, we would always recommend that you write to the business first. If that does not work please contact us and providing it is a matter covered by the legislation, we can investigate the complaint for you.
We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.