When you set up your own business, depending on the kind of business, you may need an office, a shop unit or industrial premises.
For anyone starting their own business, there are lots of organisations in Leeds that provide a combination of flexible business accommodation plus support in the form of mentoring and networking opportunities or practical support with things like office admin and reception services.
Many of the organisations and centres listed below offer shared workspace, where you can rent a desk in an office you share with others. They can also provide ‘virtual office’ services, including a registered business address, ‘touch down’ space, room hire for meetings and other benefits.
Shared offices are a great affordable option if you are starting your own business and looking for a base, without taking on the cost of a renting your own office. It gives you the opportunity to grow your contact network, work alongside, collaborate and do business with like-minded people.
If you are looking for a small industrial unit or a shop unit to let, take a look at the Council owned land and property for sale or to let page.
You can also use our free online property database to search for details of other business premises available in Leeds.
- Castleton Mill: affordable co-working space for start-ups, small businesses and freelancers in Leeds, located just a short walk from the city centre.
- East Street Arts provides studio and gallery space, networking and development activities for arts practitioners.
- Enterprise Foundation: a charity which helps people from disadvantaged groups to set up their own business. The foundation’s centre in Headingley offers low cost shared office and office accommodation on easy rental terms, meeting and conference facilities, admin and business support from experienced business people and entrepreneurs.
- Heart: hot-desking and meeting room facilities in a newly refurbished building in Headingley. Three levels of monthly membership with telephone and business address services as well as access to meeting rooms.
- Futurelabs is a tech hub offering 24/7 co-working space, hot desking and serviced office accommodation for start ups, scale up businesses and sole traders. A community set up for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs, the lab hosts meet ups, networks and industry conferences as well as offering access to mentors and professional advice to support the growth of your company.
- Hillside: a conference and meetings venue in Beeston that also offers hot desking and workspace for new businesses and office space on easy-in easy-out terms.
- Leeds Innovation Centre: provides quality office and laboratory accommodation across three sites on the University of Leeds campus. Occupants can tap into the university’s resources, expertise and dedicated business support, with two of the facilities designed specifically for companies in the health and bioscience sectors.
- Leeds Markets: runs a business start-up scheme offering a package of tapered rents to new stall holders and a range of sites to choose from.
- Enterprise and Innovation Hub: Leeds Beckett University business centre offering private office space, coworking, virtual offices and tailored business support across a number of locations in Leeds. Also home to the Digital Hub onsite with The Yorkshire Post and the Creative, Fashion and Textile Hub based with AW Hainsworth & Sons, Stanningley.
- Regus is the world’s largest provider of workspace, with eight serviced office centres in the Leeds area and a network of over 300 centres across the UK. It offers high-quality, fully serviced office space, meeting rooms and facilites, available to hire for a few hours or longer term letting.
- Round Foundry Media Centre: high quality, contemporary serviced office space specifically for creative, digital and media businesses. Also offers flexible work spaces and virtual office services, meeting rooms and conference facilities with high speed internet access, AV equipment and catering options.
- Shine: an office, conference and events centre offering hot desking, shared office and office space on easy rental terms and meeting/conference facilities.
- Tenants Hall: provides offices, virtual offices and a business telephone answering service at a purpose built new enterprise centre in Middleton south Leeds.
- Unity Enterprise manages three business centres in Leeds – Unity Business Centre, Leeds Media Centre and Chapeltown Enterprise Centre.