The Best Council Plan is our strategic planning document, and sets out what we will do to deliver better outcomes across Leeds.
The Plan informs our budget setting and financial strategies and is an essential tool for planning and delivering services. It also helps our staff understand how the work they do makes a real difference to the people of Leeds, and shows our partners how we contribute to citywide priorities.
Our current Best Council Plan was approved by
Full Council in February 2019 and covers the period 2019/20 to 2020/21.
The plan explains the five core values that underpin everything we doand outcomes that highlight the difference we want to make across the city.
Our priorities this year are:
- tackling poverty, helping everyone benefit from the economy to their full potential
- reducing health inequalities and supporting active lifestyles
- improving the city’s transport and digital infrastructure and tackling climate change risks
- making Leeds the best city for children and young people to grow up in
- making Leeds the best city to grow old in
- improving the quality of lives and growing the economy through cultural and creative activities
- providing homes of the right quality, type and affordability in the right places and minimising homelessness
- keeping people safe from harm and promoting community respect and resilience
The Best Council Plan
You can also view the previous Best Council Plan (PDF 4MB) and the
2018/19 Annual Performance Report (PDF 914 KB).