What is the Site Allocations Plan?
The Site Allocations Plan will identify sites to ensure that sufficient land is available in appropriate locations to meet the growth targets set out in the Core Strategy. The Plan is a key document in the Local Plan (or Local Development Framework) for Leeds in identifying specific allocations for housing, employment, retail and greenspace from 2012 to 2028
What has been done so far?
Examination of the Plan
The examination programme and latest updates can be viewed on the Examination page.
Revised Submission Draft Plan
Representations are invited on the Revised Submission Draft Plan for a period of six weeks beginning on 15th January 2018 until 26th February 2018. Representations should be made no later than 5pm on the 26th February 2018.
Submission Draft Plan
The Submission Draft Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State by the City Council on 5th May 2017.
Pre-Submission Changes Advertisement
The Council were seeking comments on the Site Allocation Plan Pre-Submission Changes. The Pre-Submission Changes were advertised for a 6 week period between 13th February and 27th March 2017 (5pm).
The plan has been through various stages in its preparation:
Outer North East Publication Draft Consultation - September 2016
Following the withdrawal of new settlement proposal at site MX2-33 Headley Hall by the landowner in September 2015, the City Council is now consulting on the revised proposals for the Outer North East Housing Market Characteristic Area (HMCA).
Only the Outer North East HMCA is subject to consultation to bring this part of the plan in line with rest of the Site Allocations Plan. Consultation material can be viewed on the Outer North East Publication Draft Consultation page.
Publication Draft Consultation
The Site Allocations Plan Publication Draft was subject to formal public consultation for 8 weeks from 22 September until 16 November 2015. This consultation is now closed. To access the Site Allocations Plan - Publication consultation material see the related pages section.
Issues and Options stage
- Public consultation on the Issues and Options took place from June to July 2013
- Received over 7,000 representations (objections or support for sites) in the consultation
- A report on the public consultation was presented to Development Plan Panel in December 2013. To access the Site Allocations Plan - Issues and Options consultation material see the related pages section
- Pre-Submission consultation for the whole plan – February - March 2017
- Submission to the Secretary of State – Summer 2017
- Examination in Public - October 2017
- After Examination, the Inspector may suggest further modifications. If so, these will need to be consulted on for a further minimum 6 weeks
- Await the Inspector’s Report
- Plan Adoption – Spring 2018