Holt Park District Centre was built in the 1970s and whilst it provides a range of local services primarily focused on the Asda foodstore, Ralph Thoresby School and the new Holt Park Active, the redundant land vacated by the former school site and Holt Park Leisure Centre creates an opportunity to create a new thriving centre for the community and users of the centre.
The Council has prepared the Planning Statement for Holt Park District Centre setting out development opportunities for the redundant land including retail, housing and an improved public space. The vision for Holt Park is to deliver:
- A new focus for Holt Park by reconnecting the centre’s new and existing facilities
- A liveable place for all ages
- An improved shopping environment
- An improved public space within a child-friendly, greener setting
- New housing, including provision for older people
- New routes for pedestrian access connecting with neighbouring areas
The Planning Statement was approved by the Council's Executive Board on 17th December 2014.
Planning Statement for Holt Park District Centre
Appendix to Draft Planning Statement (Please email us to request a copy)
You can view the documents from the documents section to the left of this page.