Emergency out of hours contact numbers

For the police, fire service or medical emergencies, call 999.

For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111.

The council's contact centre's normal office hours are weekdays, 9am to 5pm, except Wednesdays when we're open from 10am. This exludes bank holidays. 

Customers with hearing or speech impairments can email lccoutofhours@leeds.gov.uk to access the Housing and Public Safety out of hour’s team. The out of hour’s team will aim to respond to your email within one hour.

Please note that an emergency is something that needs to be attended to quickly because it is a danger to health or safety. Out of hours, Leeds City Council will strictly only be able to attend to emergencies that fall under this criteria.



Dangerous building or structureDangerous building or structure<div class="ExternalClass3899E14F146B4A6FBE50DFE9580894E7"><p>If you feel a building is dangerous as a result of poor maintenance, fire or storm damage, vehicle impact or explosion outside of normal office hours, please call 0113 376 0499, and hold at the end of the automated message.</p></div>
FloodingFlooding<div class="ExternalClassFC6E50C165B944B4B21F1788601261EE"><div class="text"><h2>Sand-bags</h2><p>It is extremely unlikely that the council will be able to provide sandbags to houses or commercial premises during a flooding incident. The council's stock will only be used as part of the council’s response to a threat of, or actual flood incident when:</p> <ul class="list list-bullet"> <li>working with the emergency services</li><li>keeping roads open - this will be on a priority basis</li><li>protecting vital services, such as hospitals</li><li>supporting established community flood groups</li></ul><p>If your request falls into one of the categories above please ring 0113 376 0499 option 4 to speak to an advisor.</p><h2>Flooding</h2><p>If your home is flooding now and you are in imminent danger please dial 999.<br></p><p>Further advice can be found on our <a href="/residents/environmental-health/flooding">flooding page</a>.</p><p> <a rel="external" href="https://my.leeds.gov.uk/Pages/Form%20Pages/ReportFlooding.aspx">Flooding can also be reported online</a>.</p><p>The Environmental Agency’s Flood Line can help with further information regarding the Leeds area. Please dial 0345 9 881 188.</p></div></div>
Gas, Water and Electrical emergenciesGas, Water and Electrical emergencies<div class="ExternalClass959FFC4C922E458C91F858D764951F77"><h2>Gas</h2><p>Contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999 if you smell gas.</p> <h2>Water</h2><p>Contact Yorkshire water on 0845 124 24 24 for a total loss of supply to you and neighbours. They also are responsible for water main bursts, overflowing/blocked drains and shared drains whether council or private.</p><h2>Electricity</h2><p>Contact Northern Power Grid on 0800 375 675 if you have been affected by a power cut.</p><h2>Medical emergencies</h2><p>111 for non-emergencies or 999 for emergencies.</p></div>
Highways and signageHighways and signage<div class="ExternalClass614B339BCD7F4805A9F8875D99DF7DBD"><p>Emergency repairs can be reported if you have an emergency which could cause harm to persons or property and is in relation to a road traffic accident, missing gully or man-hole cover or an obstruction in the road. If you have one of these emergencies please call 0113 3760499 (option 2).</p> <p>Any other non-emergency issues can be reported via the <a href="/residents/parking-roads-and-travel/report-a-highways-issue">Highways page</a>.</p></div>
Homelessness Homelessness <div class="ExternalClass4B92BC2722484EB29D4A7C52B908F999"><p>Outside of office hours we have an emergency service which you can access by telephoning 07891 273939. This number is for emergency homelessness only and we will not be able to assist with any other matter.</p> </div>
HousingHousing<div class="ExternalClass40F50BEA16C547938B0DABD153F0E24C"><div class="text"><h2>Emergency housing repairs (Council house tenants)</h2><p>Normal working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Outside of these hours Leeds City Council provide an essential repairs service which is restricted to emergency repairs that require immediate attention. Out of hours repairs include situations where there is an immediate risk to health or safety, or of serious damage occurring to your home. If our engineers find that you have falsely reported the seriousness of a repair in order to have non-emergency work completed out of hours then you may be charged for the cost of the repair.</p><p>If you would like to check whose responsibility it is to carry out a repair then please visit our <a href="/residents/housing/council-housing/housing-repairs/responsibilities-for-carrying-out-repairs">Responsibilities for carrying out repairs</a> page.</p><p>If, as a council tenant, you are responsible for carrying out certain repairs in your home, there are some useful DIY self-help videos which show commonly occurring questions and faults (for example how to turn off your stop tab or to unblock a sink) on our DIY repair videos page:</p> <a class="btn btn-primary btn-arrow" href="/residents/housing/council-housing/housing-repairs/diy-repair-videos">DIY repair videos</a> <p>If you have a repair that falls under the emergency criteria then please ring your appropriate repair number below:</p><p>Belle Isle Tenant Management Organisation: 0113 376 0499<br>Housing Leeds: 0800 188 4000 or 0113 376 0410<br></p></div></div>
Noise problemsNoise problems<div class="ExternalClass0FD88F324D7C483DA09FF232CE5C0ACD"><p>If you are disturbed by noise nuisance at night, weekends or bank holidays and if you are not able to resolve the problem informally by talking to the people responsible you can report the noise to us on 0113 3760337. The service operates from 6pm to 3:30am.</p> <p>For information on how to report repeated instances of noise please visit our <a href="http://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Noise-nuisance.aspx">Noise Nuisance page</a>.</p></div>
Press, media and communicationsPress, media and communications<div class="ExternalClass5022CCD31F124FA8B1DF816526DA4FEF"><p>Our emergency duty press officer is available out of hours on 0113 378 8549. This is for journalists only. The telephone numbers for public services are available through the other drop-down menus on this page.</p></div>
Social CareSocial Care<div class="ExternalClassF3C160638AC84E9B929727CCE7A29126"><h2>Adult Social Care</h2><p>If you are concerned about someone’s safety because of suspected abuse or neglect, and think it needs reporting you can call the Adult Emergency Duty Team outside office hours on 077121 06378.</p><p>If you feel that an adult is immediately at risk please contact the emergency services on 999.</p><h2>Children’s Social Work Service</h2><p>When concerned about the safety of a child or young person (under the age of 18) and feel that they are at immediate risk of harm members of the public should contact the emergency services on 999 and ask for the Police.</p><p>Professionals and practitioners involved with a child, young person or their family in a professional capacity should phone Children’s Emergency Duty Team on 0113 5350600.</p> </div>
Street lightingStreet lighting<div class="ExternalClass5E14E04C6A0D405A8112401E0F1CCBE6"><p><a rel="external" href="https://www.gov.uk/report-problem-street-light">You can report a faulty or damaged street light using our Online Form</a> or you can call us on 0800 0325349.</p></div>
Traffic LightsTraffic Lights<div class="ExternalClassC4CDC3C5E26B49E9AC539C3981E676C8"><p>For a fault or damage to a traffic light please ring Dynning on 0845 6031432. An exact location will be required.</p> </div>
TreesTrees<div class="ExternalClass55ADAEFEE3B6447F9234644B8CADA7F6"><p>To report a fallen or dangerous tree or branch, or if you have any concerns about the condition or safety of a tree that is causing a problem in a public place, then please contact our Parks and Countryside team.</p><p>Full details of what to do can be found on our <a href="/leisure/parks-and-countryside/trees-and-woodland/tree-emergencies">Tree emergencies</a> page.</p></div>



Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?