We aim to ensure that the highway (i.e. roads, pavements, and local footpaths) is kept clear and safe at all times. On occasion we recognise that you may need to obstruct the highway, for example if you are carrying out works to your property.
In cases where you do need to obstruct the highway, you need to apply for a licence or permit to do so.
Examples of when this may occur include:
- skips on the highway;
- building materials on the highway;
- placing a structure on the highway;
- projection over the highway;
- scaffolding and hoarding on the highway;
- temporary closure of the highway;
- placing a crane or access platform on the highway;
- abnormal loads;
- planting vegetation;
- vehicular crossings; and
- events on the highway
The relevant applications can be found in the
Documents section at the bottom of the page.
Filming on the highway
Please email us at