We have an established volunteering team of over 60 volunteers in a variety of roles which is integral to the work of Leeds Youth Justice Service.
This may be as a mentor supporting young people on a one to one basis or as a panel member helping to plan individual programmes of work to reduce risk of future offending.
We are always interested in hearing from new volunteers. We understand that people volunteer for a wide variety of reasons, ranging from a general interest in helping young people, to a need to build up work experience for new career possibilities.
Volunteers give whatever time they can depending on their own commitments and the youth justice service offers a flexible approach to this. There are opportunities across Leeds. As a volunteer we offer you comprehensive training programmes and quality support and supervision, so you can make a real difference to the lives of young people.
We use volunteers in three key roles
- Referral panel members sit on community panels which meet with young people, their parents and sometimes their victims to agree a contract to repair harm that has been caused and prevent further offending
- Holiday Session Volunteers assist Case Managers and sessional workers with a programme of activities for young people
- Mentors support young people on a weekly one-to-one basis over the longer term to help their motivation and engagement
For detailed role descriptions and person specification details please see the
related documents section.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Leeds Youth Justice Service, please complete and return the application form to
firstname.lastname@example.org We will keep your application on file for up to six months and contact you during that time should a suitable opportunity arise.
For more information about Referral Orders, please see the YJB statutory guidance.
If you are interested in volunteering with us and would like to know more, please get in contact to discuss further. You can contact us by email at
email@example.com to raise any specific questions that you have.
- training will be provided for all volunteers
- we ask for a minimum commitment of 12 months to match the time given for training and development
- all volunteers will be required to have a DBS check