The lettings policy was agreed by the council's Executive Board on 27 April 2013 and implemented on 31 July 2013.
The lettings policy sets out how:
- the Leeds Homes Register operates
- the council assesses customers' housing needs
- the council lets its properties, including its statement on offering choice
- the council nominates customers to Registered Providers
- the council's choice based lettings scheme works in conjunction with the Leeds Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS)
There are more households on the housing register than the number of lettings made every year, meaning the council is unable to rehouse the majority of our customers. For this reason, customers are encouraged to consider alternative housing options.
You can also read our handy guide which explains the Lettings Policy, priority bands, how to place bids and Housing Associations.