The lettings policy was agreed by the council's Executive Board on 18 October 2017 and implemented on 19 February 2019.
The lettings policy sets out how:
- the Leeds Homes Register operates
- the council assesses customers' housing needs
- the council lets its properties, including its statement on offering choice
- the council nominates customers to Registered Providers
- the council's choice based lettings scheme works in conjunction with the Leeds Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS)
There are more households on the housing register than the number of lettings made every year, meaning the council is unable to rehouse the majority of our customers. For this reason, customers are encouraged to consider alternative housing options.
See the frequently asked questions (PDF 79KB) for more information. You can also visit the Leeds Homes website under the “Information” section. This explains the lettings policy, how to bid, priority bands and Housing Associations.