Whilst members of the LGBT+ community are welcome and encouraged to access our services in all of the usual ways we recognise that there may be specific barriers or needs.
We are committed to ensuring that we are providing the best possible service to all customers including those from the LGBT+ community.
If you find yourself in housing need we want you to be assured that your situation will be dealt with sensitively and, where appropriate by a specially trained Officer.
Leeds Housing Options have developed the following LGBT+ service standards which complement and enhance our service standards for all customers.
- A commitment that any requests from the LGBT+ community for a housing needs assessment will be carried out within three working days
- To publish the contact details for our management LGBT+ champion
- Any feedback provided where the customer identifies their sexuality or gender as an element will be dealt with by a senior manager in conjunction with the LGBT management champion
- To make an offer to members of the LGBT+ community to carry out a housing assessment in a safe space of their choosing; this can be in one of our community based offices, a drop-in surgery or, where appropriate, at their home
- A commitment that any young person up to the age of 25 experiencing housing need as a result of their sexuality or gender will be seen by our Young Person’s team
- A dedicated email address that members of the LGBT+ community can choose to use which connects them with a specially trained Officer who will deal with their enquiry