Prison leavers

Housing information and advice for prison leavers and professionals working with offenders.

Most prisons or youth detention accommodation centres have a housing advice and resettlement service. The probation service may also be able to help. They will help you submit your housing application and, if appropriate, arrange a phone assessment with a specially trained housing advisor. The housing advisor can provide advice and information on the housing options open to you.

It’s important that you speak to a resettlement worker as soon as possible, which will allow you more time to prepare.

Advice for professionals

Please contact Leeds Housing Options on 0113 2224412 to arrange a telephone assessment with a specialist housing officer.

Further advice and information

The Prince's Trust

St Giles Trust

Catch 22

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?