Members of the armed forces

Housing advice for members of the armed forces.

If you have left, or are about to leave the military and have nowhere to go there is lots of specialist advice available from the Ministry of Defence’s Joint Service Housing Advice Office or various military charities.

The Minstry of Defence will give you a Certificate of Cessation of Entitlement around 6 months before you leave the armed forces. This will confirm the date you are expected to leave the accommodation they provide.

If you want to live in Leeds please approach us for an assessment as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend in person please contact 0113 222 4412 and we will arrange a telephone assessment.

Further advice and information

The Royal British Legion - online self-help resource centre.

Leeds City Council's Armed Forces Covenant - information about what the council do in Leeds to ensure that memebers of the armed forces are not disadvantaged with regards to local services.

The Veteran's Gateway - information for veterans seeking support in many aspects of life, including finances, employability and more.

Veteran's Aid - specialist advice for ex-service personnel in crisis, particualrly those in housing need.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?