The right to repair is about keeping you and your family healthy, safe and secure in your council home by doing some types of simple repairs quickly.
If something goes wrong or breaks in your home that could affect your health, safety or security, you qualify for repair if it costs less than £250 to fix.
Maintaining your home is important and we have produced a repairs handbook providing you with information about:
- how to report a repair
- what we are responsible for and what you are responsible for
- how we prioritise a repair request
- the repair process
- other types of work that may be carried out
- service standards and code of conduct
- repairs related complaints, comments and compliments
Our DIY videos page has some short videos which will help you to fix some common repair issues which are the tenant's responsibility.