Report a repair

Before reporting a repair remember some minor repairs are your responsibility.

Please read the Repairs and Maintenance handbook (PDF, 900KB) for full details of which repairs you are responsible for.

We have produced a series of films which will help you with some minor repairs you can do yourself - visit our DIY repair videos page to view them.

You can request routine repairs to your council home by using our online service to tell us when you are available for the repair works. You cannot request urgent/emergency repairs using the online system.

See the related pages section for information on reporting emergency repairs.

Request a repair online External link

Other ways of requesting a repair

When you request a repair we will ask you to provide:

  • your name, address, and phone number
  • your rent account number
  • what and where the repair is
  • when you are available to allow access

We will advise you:

  • whether it is your responsibility to carry out the repair
  • whether you will need to pay for the repair
  • your repair order number – this will make it easier for you if you need to speak to us in the future
  • a date when the repair will carried out or the appointment date if one is available
  • if a choice of morning or afternoon appointment is available

If you are out when our contractor calls your job will be cancelled, and you will need to report the repair again and arrange a new appointment.​ To find out the timescales for completing a job please, read the repairs handbook​ (PDF, 901KB).

You cannot book appointments for Sundays.​​​

Chasing up repairs

If you have reported a repair and want to check on its status, visit our Chasing up a housing repair page to find out how.​



Bogus callersBogus callers<div class="ExternalClass2B8F88BDA18D4255BDD81CA313BA44CC">We, and our contractors, will always introduce ourselves, show our identification (ID) card and explain why we are visiting you. We will always inform you when we are leaving your home.<br><br>Please watch out for bogus callers!<br><br> You should always be wary when someone you don’t know comes to the doorstep. Most callers are genuine but sometimes people turn up unannounced, intending to trick their way into your home. Bogus callers may be smartly dressed, or in work-wear and claim to be from the council or our contractors.<br><br> Before you let anyone into your home to carry out repairs, always ask to see their identity card. <span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span><br> ​​</div>
Damp and mould, Guide to sorting out damp and mould (PDF 561KB)Damp and mould<div class="ExternalClass8511460802A64A85BBFF10DCCC9A9AA9">Damp can be caused by many things including as poor ventilation.<br> <br>Our guide contains information on damp and mould and how you might be able to sort the problem. ​​</div>
Making improvements and alterations to your homeMaking improvements and alterations to your home<div class="ExternalClassDCE3405B68E9414D9B8A1F0E681E8DD3"><p>​Before carrying out improvements or adaptations to your home you must get written permission from us first. Your request should be put in writing on a form you can get from any Housing Office, One Stop Centre or Community Hub. You can also <a href="/docs/Permission%20to%20make%20an%20alteration%20request%20form.pdf"><strong>download a "Permission to make an alteration request" form</strong></a> (PDF 91KB).</p> <p>​You should submit full details of the improvements/alteration to your local housing office to log your request for the improvements/alteration works. Your local housing officer will provide you with appropriate advice and the procedures on granting consent.</p> <p>​You will receive a written response with our decision but sometimes a home visit may be necessary to discuss your request in more detail. We will check that the completed work would be safe and will assess the effect on the property and other people.</p> <p>​If we do not give permission, we will give our reason. For example, the improvement may affect your safety or our ability to maintain and repair your home.</p> <p>​Work should not start without permission and must be carried out by a competent person. Gas fittings must be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Electrical work must be done by registered NICEIC or ECA installers.</p> <p>​Examples of improvement work can include:</p> <p>• installing kitchens or bathrooms<br>• installing gas or electric fires<br>• installing showers<br>• installing burglar alarms<br>• any electrical additions or alterations, including new wiring<br>• installing laminate flooring<br>• building conservatories, sheds and garages<br>• installation of a ‘hard standing’<br>• erecting fencing<br>• built in wardrobes and cupboards<br>• removing or filling walls​​</p></div>
Reporting a repair for someone elseReporting a repair for someone else<div class="ExternalClassF4623E477B6641D59A414FF7D8B48958"><p>If you would like to give permission for someone else, such as a relative, a support agency, or a designated person to deal with any issues, on your behalf, please complete and return the <a href="/docs/LCC%20Generic%20Advocacy%20Consent%20Form.pdf"><strong>advocacy consent form</strong></a><strong> </strong>(PDF 26KB<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span>)</p> <p>By signing the advocacy form you are giving your consent for us to share the information we hold on your tenancy records, with the person or organisation you have named.</p> <p>If you want to give permission to one or more people or organisations, you will need to complete a separate form for each. ​</p></div>



Generic Advocacy consent form Generic Advocacy Consent Form.pdf137870pdf
Permission to make an alteration request form to make an alteration request form.pdf93081pdf
Repairs handbook handbook.pdf922412pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?