As a tenant you have agreed to keep your home clean, tidy and in a good state of repair.
We have have a chargeable repairs policy to deter misuse and damage to council property, and to make sure responsible tenants or leaseholders do not pay for the actions of the few irresponsible tenants who do not look after their homes.
Examples of chargeable repairs are when:
- we have to carry out work because of neglect or damage to your home
- you ask us to do certain repairs which are your responsibility
- you deliberately overstate the severity of your repair to get a quicker appointment
- there is insufficient credit on your gas or electricity pre-payment meter and we attend your property to reconnect services
- you end your tenancy and have left your home in an unacceptable condition
We will inform you if a repair is rechargeable at either the time you report it or when an operative does your repair.