There are many Tenant and Resident Associations (TARAs) and Area Reps in Leeds representing their local communities and being involved in decisions about their homes and environment. You can see a
list of the reps as a pdf.
A TARA is a group of people in the same area who hold regular meetings and represent their members’ interests to the council and other organisations. They also hold social events, which can be a good way of getting to know your neighbours.
Area Reps operate where there is no TARA. They speak on behalf of council tenants and other residents in their street or local area - like a one person Tenants and Resident Association.
Our Service Offer tells you how we support TARAs and Area Representatives.
TPAS brings landlords and tenants together to improve services, save money and bring lasting change to communities. You can access their services for free through the website. Housing Leeds is a TPAS member and is committed to tenant engagement which means that you can access TPAS benefits too, including:
- Good practice information on tenant engagement
- Advice and support on tenant engagement issues
- Up to date housing and engagement news
- Opportunities to engage with and communicate with other tenants
- Opportunities to attend member events and training for learning and networking
- Opportunities to have a voice about the housing issues that matter to you
A guide on questions to ask yourself before applying for a grant, a finance guide and a community funding portal factsheet are available in the Documents section of this page.