Work is now complete on the site of the former Squinting Cat Public House in Swarcliffe. This is the second site where we will build new homes through our Council Housing Growth Programme.
How many homes are there?
- 6 x 1 bedroom flats
- 12 x 2 bedroom flats
Please note that these properties will be let to people over 55 as the new development has been designed with older people in mind and benefits from:
- A communal garden
- Energy efficient technology to minimise running and heating costs for tenants
- Some provision for wet floor bathrooms in the ground floor apartments
- The ability to store mobility scooters either in the living room or spare bedroom.
- Communal lift to the upper floors
- A flexible design to meet the changing needs of households; they are all the same footprint so the 1 bedroom flats will be large enough to be converted into 2 bedroom properties if needed in the future.
The new homes were handed over in August 2016 and they are currently all let.
Demand for our new build properties has been high so if you are interested but do not have an application registered with Leeds Homes Apply now by clicking on the red box below. We particularly encourage applicants with good local connections and who may be downsizing.
You can speak to your local housing office or email us on email@example.com if you need help with your application or need further information.
The new homes are let under a local letting policy and we will only allocate to tenants who can demonstrate an excellent tenancy record. We have consulted with local councillors, tenants and residents about this.
Applying for council housing
To be considered for one of our new homes you must have an application registered on our Leeds Homes register. You will have to place a bid when properties are advertised by Leeds Homes. Find out more by clicking the button below.
If you have any queries about those properties you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your local housing office.