Changing Places are toilet facilities for people with profound or multiple disabilities.
The facilities are fitted with specialist equipment including a hoist and adult-sized changing bench. They provide enough space for up to two carers to support someone with a disability.
Locally the programme is led by Aspire Community Benefit Society on our behalf. Independent businesses and third sector providers have also embraced the campaign by creating Changing Places. This has enabled Leeds to become one of the leading regions for providing Changing Places.
Please check each venue’s own website before travelling for up-to-date information.
More Changing Places are in development, so please check this site regularly for updates.
- Armley Leisure Centre, Carr Crofts, LS12 3HB
- Assisted Living Leeds, 81 Clarence Road, LS10 1LZ
- Chevin Forest Park, Education Building, Johnny Lane, Otley, LS21 3JL
- First Direct Arena, Arena Way, LS2 8BY
- Golden Acre Park, Leeds Road, Bramhope, LS16 8BQ
- Headingley HEART, Bennett Road, LS6 3HN
- Hillside, Beeston Road, LS11 8ND
- Holt Park Active, Holtdale Approach, LS16 7RX
- John Charles Centre for Sport, Middleton Grove, Hunslet, LS11 5DJ
- Kirkgate Market, 28-34 George Street, LS2 7HY
- Leeds Bradford International Airport, Whitehouse Lane, LS19 7TU
- Leeds General Infirmary, Clarendon Wing, A Floor, Great George Street, LS1 3EX
- Lotherton Hall, Lotherton Lane, Aberford, LS25 3EB
- Middleton Leisure Centre, Ring Road, LS10 4AX
- Morley Leisure Centre, Queensway, LS27 9JP
- Pudsey Leisure Centre, Market Place, LS28 7BE
- Reginald Centre, 264 Chapeltown Road, LS7 3EX
- St. John’s Church, New Street, Farsley, LS28 5DJ
- Tech North, 9 Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton, LS7 3NB
- Temple Newsam, Temple Newsam Road, Off Selby Road, LS15 0AE
- The Core Shopping Centre, The Headrow, LS1 6JB
- The Unlimited Company, Kirkstall Bridge Shopping Park, Bridge Road, LS5 3BC
- The Vinery Centre, 20 Vinery Terrace, LS9 9LU
- Trinity Leeds, Albion Street, LS1 5AT
- VisitLeeds & Art Gallery Shop, Central Library & Art Gallery, The Headrow, LS1 3AA
- West Yorkshire Playhouse, Playhouse Square, Quarry Hill, LS2 7UP
- White Rose Centre, Dewsbury Road, LS11 8LU
- William Merritt Centre, Aire House, 100 Town Street, Rodley, LS13 1HP
Mobile High Dependency Unit Changing Place
The unit allows people with the most complex needs to access a full range of outdoor events. It is purpose built and comes fully equipped, including a hydraulic lift. The unit can be connected directly to mains power, water and sewerage or operated independently of these services with a generator.
The mobile HDU is available for hire by event organisers. Our Events Team manage bookings for the unit and will arrange for it to be delivered to your event and set up ready for use. Please contact them either by phone on 0113 378 6988 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org