Problem properties

House or building in disrepair

You can use the Report a property causing damage or nuisance to nearby properties form to report if a house or building is in a state of disrepair and is causing damage or nuisance to neighbouring houses.

For example, if a property has faulty guttering that is affecting a neighbouring property, or a house has roof slates missing and water is entering and causing damp to the adjoining property.

If you are a tenant in private rented property you should contact your landlord about the problem. 

If you are a tenant in a private rented property and you have problems with the interior of your property (not caused by a problem outside) you should contact our Private Rented Sector Team. See the Private tenants page for more information.

Empty property open to access

If you are aware of a house or other premises that is open to access and you believe the property could be used as a venue for illegal activities or that it could be at risk of arson, you can use the Report an empty property open to access form to let us know. 

We will attempt to contact the owner to allow them opportunity to make the building secure. If there is a danger to other residents in the area, such as in a row of terraced houses or a block of flats, we may carry out the works ourselves and reclaim the costs from the building owner.​​​​​

Live chat

Chat online now with one of our dedicated customer care advisers and receive assistance with your query straight away.



Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?