Noise nuisance

Noise coming from houses, flats and other domestic properties

If you report noise coming from domestic properties it will be dealt with by the Leeds anti-social behaviour team who are part of Safer Leeds.

The Leeds anti-social behaviour team will keep your details confidential and will not take action without your consent. We are not able to respond to anonymous complaints, although this information will be recorded in case of future complaints.

Please read the following information carefully before contacting us.

For information about noise coming from pubs, clubs, factories and other business properties, please read the Noise from commercial premises section of this page.

Noise from commercial premises

The Environmental Protection Team investigate complaints about noise from commercial and licensed premises and events within Leeds such as noise from factories, industrial units, construction sites, shops, pubs, clubs, restaurants and takeaways.

The use of heavy machinery is permitted between the hours of 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturday. Outside of these hours its use is considered a nuisance.

Please read the sections below about our service or report commercial noise pollution online.​​​





Notes On Completing The Nuisance Diary Nuisance Diary.doc87040doc
How to deal with noise nuisance Nuisance Information Pack.pdf429989pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?