Leeds City Council's Welfare Rights Unit can:
- give you free, confidential, impartial advice and support on a whole range of welfare benefits
- help you to complete claim forms
- offer guidance and support when making appeals
If we cannot help, we will provide contact details of other agencies who may be able to assist you.
Contact the Welfare Rights Unit
0113 376 0452
(Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.30pm, Wednesdays 10:15am to 4:30pm and Friday 9am to 4pm)
By contacting us, you can:
- find further information on the services that we offer
- make an appointment to see a welfare rights worker at one of our advice surgeries located in our one stop centres. You can find your nearest One Stop Centre using
Where I live
- ask for a home visit if you are unable to leave your home
- email a welfare rights worker at
- attend one of our surgeries
Welfare Rights surgeries timetable
You will need to book an appointment for these surgeries. You can do this by calling into a One Stop Centre or by calling 0113 376 0452.
You can also get advice about individual benefits and tax credits from the
GOV.UK website. You may also want to use the
HM Revenue and Customs Tax credits calculator.
For information on affordable loans and competitive savings plans go to the
Leeds City Credit Union website.