Moving into a property in Leeds

There are many things to consider when moving home. This page offers advice and information on several important things to do when you move in to a property in Leeds.​

Registering for Council Tax at a new address

Report a change of address to set up your council tax online.

If your moving date is more than 7 days away then we will process the change of address closer to the time you move. You will not need to contact us again and we will send your final bill or refund to your new address after you have moved.

If you need to let us know that you are a student please use the Council Tax Student Discount form to provide us with the relevant information.

You will not be able to set up a direct debit until you have an account registered and have received confirmation of your account number via post.

Organisations that may need to be informed on your move

Useful links

Find out who your energy suppliers are

To find out which company supplies your gas supplier, call the Meter Point Administration Service on 0870 608 1524.

To find out which company supplies your electricity supplier, call Northern Power Grid on 0845 330 0889.



Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?