Information for Landlords

The type of Housing Benefit a private tenant can claim is known as Local Housing Allowance (LHA).

Who can get Local Housing Allowance?

Tenants who live in the Leeds area and have a low income may be able to claim LHA.

To find out if your tenant could claim LHA or Universal Credit this can be found on the Local Housing Allowance page.

View your tenant’s payments Online

If you receive Housing Benefit payments direct you can view certain details about your tenant’s Housing Benefit claim online.

To register for online access you will need an email address and your landlord creditor reference (this can be found at the top of any notification letters).

Once registered, you will need to request a PIN number for this service. Once you request it online, this will automatically be posted to you at your address within 5 working days. If you have more than one creditor number, you will need to request a PIN for each number.

If you use a council self-serve machine at any of our Council One Stop Centres, a trained staff member will be able to issue the PIN as soon as you are set up. In addition, you can call 0113 2224404 and we will assist you with your online access.

View your account onlineExternal link

Online access has many benefits:

  • It’s free and easy to use
  • Instant access to information
  • Available 24/7
  • Ability to check individual claims including next payment due
  • Ability to check deductions due to overpayments
  • No delays in receiving payment schedules
  • Ability to download payment schedules into excel/CSV/XML
  • Ability to download overpayment information into excel/CSV/XML

View our registration guide (PDF 63KB) and navigation guide (PDF 283KB) for more information on how to to register and use the online service. You can also view our guidance video on Youtube.






Landlord online registration guide
Landlord online use pack
Leeds LHA Rates 2018-2019 LHA Rates 2018-2019.pdf341462pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?