There are some areas of the city where additional places may be required and we are working in partnership with schools to secure these where needed.
In addition there are a number of schools where permanent building expansions have been taking place and these places will be available for September 2018.
Details about the permanent admission numbers for schools are on this website and in our booklet, however where additional places have been agreed for September 2018, these are listed on this page and will be updated regularly so please check back.
You can use our Find a school page to search alphabetically for individual school's information and admissions policies.
Places will be offered on primary national offer day, 16 April 2018, in line with school admission policies. We will be monitoring all areas for unexpected peaks in demand and if additional places are required after offer day we will provide updates here.
We have recently consulted on a proposal to merge Moor Allerton Hall Primary School and Allerton Grange School to create a new 3-19 through-school with an increased primary phase admission number. The consultation closed on 29th November 2017. To create time to fully consider responses, this will make further bulge places necessary in the area to ensure we have sufficient places for children starting in September 2018.
We can confirm that additional places will be available across the city as follows:
- Moor Allerton Hall Primary School: 30 additional places (90 places available in total)
- Allerton C of E Primary School: Leeds City Council is currently consulting on a proposal to permanently increase places at this school from September 2018. If the proposals are agreed, there will be 30 additional places (90 places available in total)
- Shakespeare Primary School: 45 additional permanent places (90 places available in total)
- Carr Manor Community School: 30 additional permanent places (60 places available in total)
- Hunslet Moor Primary School: 15 additional permanent places (60 places available in total)
- Fieldhead Carr Primary School: 30 additional permanent places (60 places available in total)
- Beeston Hill St Luke’s C of E Primary School: 15 additional places (45 places available in total)