The Children’s Community Occupational Therapy service is managed by Leeds Community Healthcare Trust (NHS) and the Child Health and Disability (CHAD) Occupational Therapy Team is managed by Leeds City Council.What we do:
The Children’s Community Occupational Therapy Service works with children, young people and families to enable them to take part in everyday activities at home, school and in the community. We make recommendations for equipment and housing adaptations to enable children to become more independent.
The CHAD Occupational Therapy Team work with families, children and young people with a disability to assess:
- How they manage everyday activities
- Personal Care Tasks
- General health and safety
- Ways that the home environment may make activities difficult
- Moving and handling
To find out if your child or young person would benefit from a CHAD Occupational Therapy assessment please contact us as follows:
- If you are a member of the public you can phone Children’s Social Work Services on 0113 2224403 between 8am and 6pm.
- If you are involved with a child or family in a professional capacity phone the Duty & Advice team on 0113 3760336 between 8am and 6pm.