If you work with the community, or in a health and wellbeing role, the Health and Wellbeing Leeds Training Programme is perfect for you.
The course builds on our introductory training (see the
related pages section) covering the elements and theory of public health, enabling you to understand and deliver the challenging public health agenda.
On this course, you will gain:
- an understanding of public health concepts and models
- knowledge on the principles of partnership working
- the confidence and skills to search, understand and use data
- knowledge on health needs assessments
- knowledge on behaviour change principles
- the ability to evaluate methodology and know how to incorporate this into practice
- the skills and knowledge to debate on current issues and reflect on your personal practice by exploring the history of public health.
- knowledge on other public health training opportunities
The course runs over eight months, with a half day session each month.
Each of the workshops has been assessed in relation to the level of public health competency most applicable, as taken from Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework (2016), Public Health England. More detail on this can be found in the information booklet which you can access under the ‘documents’ tab below.
Places are available for only £80 per person for the whole programme.
We are now accepting expressions of interest for the next Health and Wellbeing Leeds Training Programme (formerly Advanced Health and Wellbeing Training Programme). Dates are detailed below.
If you are interested in attending, please complete the Expression of Interest (Word 158KB) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your application and confirm in due course whether or not you have been selected to attend. Please note places are limited.