We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for business purposes or if we are required to keep it by law.
You can ask to see what data we hold about you and ask to be sent a copy. This is called a Subject Access Request.
You can also ask us to:
- correct your data if you think it is wrong
- stop using your data if you think we no longer should be using it
- stop using your data if you think it is wrong, until it’s put right
- delete your data
- ask for us to consider any automated processing
- ask for any automated electronic information we hold on you to be sent to another organisation
Requests for information or complaints
If you wish to ask us anything about data protection, want to ask for a copy of your data, or you have a complaint about how we have used or looked after your data, you may contact us at:
Information Management & Governance
Leeds City Council
110 Merrion Way
You can also contact the
Leeds City Council Data Protection Officer.
If you are ever unhappy with how the council has answered your complaint, you can then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Office of the Information Commissioner