The Parks and Countryside service is very grateful for the support of the hundreds of volunteers who work with us every year. With their help we can achieve so much more in our mission to protect, promote and enhance the green spaces of Leeds.
We always welcome new volunteers so if you are interested in working with us, read on.
There are three main ways you can volunteer with the Parks and Countryside service:
- As an individual with one of our teams e.g. with the gardeners in a park or with the animal keepers at Lotherton bird garden
- By joining a volunteer group - there are lots, ranging from ‘Friends of’ Roundhay Park to Leeds Wildlife Volunteers.
- As part of an outside organisation dropping in for a team building day or corporate social responsibility session
The kind of work that volunteers do for the parks and countryside service varies greatly. Some examples include:
- Practical work such as gardening, nature conservation or maintaining structures such as paths and fences
- Organising community events
- Being the ‘eyes and ears’ of a site
- Promotion and publicity
- Surveying wildlife
How to get involved
More information about corporate volunteer opportunities can be found by visiting that page (click on the link in the Related Pages section of this page).
The Documents section of this page contains details of volunteer groups that are looking for help and information on how to set up your own green space volunteer group.
If you are interested in longer term volunteer opportunities or work placements based with the Parks and Countryside Service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 378 6002.