Report a problem with a public right of way

Report a problem with a public footpath, bridleway or byway.

Use our online form to report problems with:

  • public footpaths (not roadside pavements) - for use by pedestrians
  • public bridleways - for use by people on foot, horseback or bicycle
  • byways open to all traffic - these have full vehicular rights, but are mainly used as bridleways
  • restricted byways - these have rights on foot, horseback, bicycle and non-mechanical vehicles such as horse and cart
Report a problem with a public right of way onlineExternal link

Find out how to report problems with roads and pavements, including potholes, road markings and obstructions on our Report a problem with a road or pavement page.

Find out if a route is a public right of way

Use our map to find out if the problem you need to report is on a public right of way. You will also find useful information including the status and identifying number of the route.

Public rights of way mapExternal link

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?