Once you’ve registered your interest you will be guided through the application process. This takes a maximum of six months.
Throughout the whole process you will be offered support and advice and there will be lots of opportunities to ask questions.
The steps that we go through while we get to know you and prepare you for fostering are:
- A home visit
- Completion of an application form
- Attending a three day training course
- General medical and criminal records check (known as a Disclosure and Barring Service – DBS check)
- Working with a social worker on your assessment and portfolio
- Attending a fostering panel
- Registration as a foster carer
For more information please refer to this leaflet -
A booklet on the fostering preparation and assessment process (PDF 0.3MB)