Landlords, letting agents and tenants

Report a change

Landlords, letting agents and tenants can report changes to help us send accurate council tax bills to the right people at the right time.

Tenants - let us know if you're moving

If you are moving in or out of a property, let us know about a change of address.

Landlords and letting agents - report changes in tenancy

Complete and return the Change in occupier form to let us know about tenants moving in or out. You will need to include:

  • full address of the property
  • full names of tenant/s moving in or out
  • date the tenancy starts or ends

If you own property which is managed by a letting agent, you can use the Owner authority form to give them permission to tell us about tenants moving in or out, and discuss the council tax account for your property with us.

    Landlords – buying or selling a property?

    Please tell us if you have bought a property to rent out. We will need to know how to contact you if we need to query tenant information and where to send a bill if your rental property is empty.

    If you sell your rental property, let us know so that we can stop contacting you about that property.

    Contact us


    0113 222 4404
    (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Use this form to give us your comments. Do not use it to give us personal information - please contact us if you need to get in touch.