What is the Landlord Letting Scheme?
A Leeds City Council run scheme to help landlords let property quickly, with no charges, and help tenants find suitable and sustainable accommodation. We can also fast track Housing Benefit claims and provide a single point of contact for enquires.
What Does The Scheme Offer?
- Free Service. No administration fees – we do not charge for using the Landlord Lettings Scheme
- Fast track and direct payment of Housing Benefit where eligible and liaison with Leeds Benefit Services for payment queries
- Leeds Housing Options will find the tenants for you – there is a high demand for private rented homes
- Damage Liability cover where appropriate for rent arrears and property damage
- House inspection service to assist landlords meet regulatory standards
- One telephone number for all Landlord Letting Scheme queries
- Support for landlords to resolve tenant behaviour issues during the tenancy including rent arrears and any support needs
- Support for tenants to maintain the tenancy
- Comprehensive assessment of tenants needs and affordability
- Quick turnaround for new tenancy when current tenant leaves
You can also ask questions about tenants before arranging a viewing and before agreeing to a tenancy, allowing you full control of who moves into the property.
Furnished and unfurnished lets are accepted, and we can assist tenants with furniture in unfurnished lets.
If you are interested in finding out more about the scheme, please download the Information Pack (PDF 0.7MB) and Landlords Lettings Schemes Guide (PDF 0.6MB).
Get in touch with the Landlord Letting Team
Phone: 0113 378 4701