Street Collection Permits

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you may need a street collection licence from us.

Information on the legislation that governs street collections can be found in the following links, but if you need more help please contact us and we can talk through the requirements with you.

Leeds City Council does not hold a public register of street collections online, but if you contact us on 0113 378 5029 we will be able to provide information over the phone.




Apply for a new street collection permitApply for a new street collection permit<div class="ExternalClassB5CED921592C4B3FAE57B0EAE8B0B68D"><p>​​If you would like to apply for a street collection permit you will need to complete the <strong><a href="/docs/SC1%20-%20Street%20collection%20application%20form.doc">application form (Word doc 162KB)</a></strong>. We have <strong><a href="/docs/GN-SC%20Street%20collection%20guidance.pdf">some guidance (PDF 116KB)</a></strong> on how to fill in the application. There is no fee.</p> <p>If you would like to make you application electronically you can send us completed applications forms by email to <strong><a href=""></a></strong>. You can also post your application to:</p> <strong><p>Leeds City Council<br> Entertainment Licensing<br> Civic Hall<br> Leeds<br> LS1 1UR</p></strong> ​</div>
Consumer ProtectionConsumer Protection<div class="ExternalClassFDAC7C28A1E94CBF913D66CD5ED19CE8">​​<p>Should you have cause for complaint in relation to licensed premises, we would always recommend that you write to the business first. If that does not work please contact us and providing it is a matter covered by the legislation, we can investigate the complaint for you.​</p></div>
Use of Personal DataUse of Personal Data<div class="ExternalClass22ECBC91FDEB4C0C937D7F91E848A268"><p>​​We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.​</p></div>
Submit a return or statementSubmit a return or statement<div class="ExternalClass9035FFF976AF4E9699DDE4D3B74EC359"><p>​​After the collection has been held a <strong><a href="/docs/Street%20collection%20blank%20return%20form.doc">return form (Word doc 50KB)</a></strong>, signed by an accountant, detailing the amount collected and any expenses incurred, must be submitted to the council within one month. The relevant return form will be sent to you when your permit is issued.</p> ​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></div>



SC1 - Street collection application form - Street collection application form.doc169472doc
Street collection blank return form collection blank return form.doc52736doc
Street collection regulations collection regulations.pdf58942pdf
GN-SC Street collection guidance Street collection guidance.pdf118562pdf

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?