Gambling Premises Licences

In order to operate any of the following businesses you need the correct licences which have been granted under the Gambling Act 2005. These include premises licences that have been granted by us and a gambling operating licence that has been granted by the Gambling Commission. Gambling Premises Licences can be issued for the following businesses:

  • Casinos
  • Bingo halls
  • Bookmakers
  • Amusement arcades
  • Race courses / sporting arenas (where betting takes place)

Before you can apply to us for a premises licence you must have applied to the Gambling Commission for a gambling operators licence.

More information on premises licences can be found in the Gambling Act 2005. The Gambling Commission also has a listing of all secondary legislation.​​​



Apply to make a change to your licenceApply to make a change to your licence<div class="ExternalClass16B3664277614A2FAA1C80881E2ED86F">​​<p>If you would like to apply to vary your gambling premises licence you will need to complete the <strong><a href="/docs/GPREM3%20-%20Application%20form%20to%20vary%20a%20premises%20licence.DOC">application form (Word doc 169KB)</a></strong>.</p> <p>You will also need to fill out a set of notices:</p> <ul> <li><strong><a href="/docs/GNOTICE1%20-%20Notice%20for%20publication.doc">Notice to be used in the newspaper advert and site notice (Word doc 138KB)</a></strong></li> <li><strong><a href="/docs/GNOTICE2A%20-%20Notice%20for%20responsible%20auhorities%20(single%20applicant).doc">Notice to be sent to the responsible authorities (single applicant) (Word doc 140KB)</a></strong></li> <li><strong><a href="/docs/GNOTICE2B%20-%20Notice%20for%20responsible%20authorities%20(more%20than%20one%20applicant).doc">Notice to be sent to the responsible authorities (multiple applicants) (Word doc 144KB)</a></strong></li> </ul> <p>You will also need to complete a local risk assessment for your premises and include it with your application. We have <strong><a href="/docs/GN-12%20Local%20Risk%20Assessments.doc">some guidance (Word doc 231KB)</a></strong> on that and some <strong><a href="/docs/GN-13%20Model%20Conditions.doc">suggested measures (Word doc 295KB)</a></strong> you can include in your risk assessment.</p> <p>We have <strong><a href="/docs/GN-3%20Variation%20guidance.pdf">some guidance (PDF 87KB)</a></strong> on how to fill in the application, <strong><a href="/docs/GN-4%20Fees%20from%20June%202016.pdf">how much it will cost (PDF 90KB)</a></strong> and <strong><a href="/docs/GN-5%20Responsible%20Authorities.pdf">who to send your application to (PDF 49KB)</a></strong>. We also have <strong><a href="/docs/GN-6%20Mandatory%20and%20default%20conditions%20guidance.pdf">a list of the mandatory and default conditions (PDF 79KB)</a></strong> that could be applied to the licence.</p> <p>You are not able to complete the application online as we need original signatures on the forms, but you can send us completed applications forms by email to <strong><a href=""></a></strong> and we can take your payment over the phone on <strong>0113 378 5029</strong>. We then need the original forms to be posted to us. You can also just post us your application and pay by cheque.</p> ​​​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></div>
Consumer ProtectionConsumer Protection<div class="ExternalClassDFD3912225EF422F99EF64EDF8D0D4FC">​Should you have cause for complaint in relation to a gambling premises, we would always recommend that you write to the business first. If that does not work please contact us and providing it is a matter covered by the legislation, we can investigate the complaint for you.​​​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></div>
Use of Personal DataUse of Personal Data<div class="ExternalClass4037F6E4FFE549A996728AF1E6CD7A00"><p>​​We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.​<span id="ms-rterangecursor-start" style="display:none;"></span><span id="ms-rterangecursor-end" style="display:none;"></span></p></div>



GN-2 Premises Licence Transfer guidance Premises Licence Transfer guidance.pdf148748pdf
GN-3 Variation guidance Variation guidance.pdf145873pdf
GN-5 Responsible Authorities Responsible Authorities.pdf104411pdf
GN-6 Mandatory and default conditions guidance Mandatory and default conditions guidance.pdf134557pdf
GNOTICE1 - Notice for publication - Notice for publication.doc141312doc
GN-12 Local Risk Assessments Local Risk Assessments.doc238592doc
GN-13 Model Conditions GA2005 Model Conditions.pdf296523pdf
GNOTICE2A - Notice for responsible auhorities (single applicant) - Notice for responsible auhorities (single applicant).doc142848doc
GNOTICE3 - Variation notice for publication - Variation notice for publication.doc139776doc
GN-1 New Premises Licence application guidance New Premises Licence application guidance.pdf149572pdf
GNOTICE3B - Variation notice (more than one applicant) - Variation notice for responsible authorities (more than one applicant).doc147968doc
GPREM1 - Application form for a new premises licence - Application form for a new premises licence.doc170496doc
GPREM1A - Application form for a new premises licence - vessel - Application form for a new premises licence - vessel.doc170496doc
GPREM3 - Application form to vary a premises licence - Application form to vary a premises licence.DOC173056doc
GPREM4 - Application to transfer a premises licence - Application to transfer a premises licence.doc162304doc

Did you find what you were looking for?

Did you find the information you were looking for?